Part-Time Operations Supervisor Job in Rolla
Published on: August 11, 2017
Part-Time Operations Supervisor Job in Rolla, Missouri
Part-Time Operations Supervisor
Supervises the Freight and Ad Set Teams. Responsible for overseeing the unload, processing and stocking
of all incoming freight to the sales floor and stockroom areas, processing returns to vendors and transfers to
other locations, and maintaining the receiving and stock areas to Company standards. Additionally,
responsible for coordinating and implementing the setting and signing of promotional and non-promotional
signs according to established guidelines in order to meet Company standards. Assigns tasks, directs
workflow and trains new Associates. Effectively handles emergencies and accidents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Leads by example by greeting all customers and Associates with a smile and encourages others to smile and say hi. Assists customers in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Demonstrates leadership as a problem solver and decision-maker via the “Yes We Can” policy by efficiently resolving customer’s questions and requests. Leads fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors.
- Promptly carries customer’s purchases to customer’s vehicles when requested.
Training & Supervision:
- Responsible for effectively using Company tools (i.e. Storenet, K-Planner, Communication Books) to plan, communicate and share information with Associate store teams.
- Assists in communicating daily goals to team in freight and replenishment. Assists in leading these processes, monitoring productivity standards to ensure Company guidelines are met. Offers suggestions for improvement to Management.
- Supervises and ensures merchandise is signed correctly.
- Ensures all Associates safely operate equipment, following safety rules and regulations as outlined in the Safety Manual.
- Works with Area Supervisors and Sales Supervisors to ensure integrity and adherence to the communication manual.
- Communicates policies and procedures; orientates and trains new Associates.
- Provides input to Supervisor on performance and disciplinary issues of Associates; provides additional input to Supervisor for Associate performance appraisals.
- Leads and assists team to execute Company standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Utilizes and adheres to continuous flow best practices when unloading merchandise, fixtures, and supplies from trucks and moving them to appropriate selling floor or stockroom areas.
- Ensures merchandise is prepped for the merchandising process by ensuring it is sorted, staged and EAS tagged appropriately (based on Loss Prevention guidelines).
- Maintains stockroom organization, including recovering the dock at the end of each shift.
- Assists in merchandising the sales floor in accordance with merchandise presentation guidelines.
- Ensures all unload and freight processing equipment is staged and ready for use prior to all shifts. Inspects all equipment to ensure that it is in working order and is put back in place after use. Communicates as necessary to fix/replace any equipment that is not in working order or safe for Associates to use.
- Prioritizes hanging/processing of ad merchandise and new receipts.
- Leads Associates in receiving/stocking and merchandise presentation. Ensures accuracy of completed paperwork, vendor returns, transfers and all other merchandise handling functions. Checks for seal discrepancies and misdirected shipments, reports discrepancies to Store Management and ensures truck is locked and sealed. Assists in completion of USA counts.
- Supervises/assists Freight team with housekeeping and recovery as needed to ensure the sales floor is customer ready.
- Ensures accurate completion of merchandise sets, planograms and other directives.
- Assists sales floor departments in moving merchandise and fixtures on the selling floor or between the selling floor and stockroom areas.
- Ensures the sales floor is customer-ready (free of flatbeds, hanger racks, and other dock equipment). Repositions floor fixtures to the correct positions by the end of each shift.
- Collects trash, sorts hangers, compacts cardboard, and performs other stock and fixture maintenance tasks as required.
- Prints and distributes signs for team as needed.
- Identifies and communicates strikepoint and signing concerns.
- Assists in leading the replenishment team to utilize all replenishment reports daily and ensures Company in-stock goals are maintained.
- Adheres to replenishment best practices.
- Monitors productivity of replenishment team to current Best Practice standards and communicates productivity results to Management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs/assists in other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: housekeeping and maintenance duties, other duties as assigned.
- Prior supervisory experience in merchandise receiving, handling and stocking in other retail or warehouse/distribution environments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time moving about the receiving area, stock areas, and sales floor. Physical activities include using hand tools, bending, stooping, climbing, and reaching.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Attendance at one or two supervisor meetings per month.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail. Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.