Participate as part of management team in supervision, sales, and operations of a TCF office. Assume authority and responsibility for the branch as an active member of the management team. Ensure sales team promote TCF as a full-service bank, implement new product promotion programs and provide product sales and referrals to meet targeted branch goals. Maintain a high standard of customer service and ensure accuracy of transactions processed within established guidelines.
- Share overall responsibility for branch sales goal attainment with management team; motivate staff; develop in-branch contests, communicate corporate sales incentive programs. Initiate sales to achieve targeted production goals.
- Coach, train, provide work direction and communicate feedback to branch staff; assist in the recruitment and hiring of personnel. Develop and maintain appropriate performance tracking and communicate performance issues. Provide input to formal performance appraisals and/or prepare and deliver appraisal. Recommend or initiate disciplinary action as necessary.
- Serve as a resource to all branch personnel when dealing with difficult situations and transactions. Utilize all available sources to resolve problems. Make recommendations to management which may enhance efficiency and profitability within the branch.
- Maintain security measures and vault requirements established by management. Ensure personnel follow ID guidelines, protecting customer privacy and reduce exposure to losses.
- Ensure branch personnel are trained in policies and procedures, federal and state laws. Maintain audit compliance. Adhere to audit controls to consistently achieve satisfactory audit ratings.
- Schedule staff as necessary to meet customer service needs while minimizing compensation expenses.
- Effectively manage the department functions while meeting and adhering to corporate, legal, and regulatory policies, guidelines, and requirements regarding compliance. Work with the Compliance and Legal departments for overall updates, procedure changes or development, and resolution of issues.
- High school education or equivalent
- Twelve months combined work experience as a BSR, Teller or Sales Associate and/or supervisor in a retail or customer service environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide work direction and motivate others.
- Proven sales record; demonstrated strong interest in sales
- Known to be reliable, dependable and responsible.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- 18+ months work experience as a BSR, Teller and/or Sales Associate I & II
- 12+ months as a supervisor in a retail or customer service environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to advance in a retail banking career
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.