Part-Time Administrative Assistant Job in Saint Paul
Published on: January 19, 2018
Part-Time Administrative Assistant Job in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Responsible for ensuring day-to-day communication from Corporate is directed to the appropriate Executive and/or Associate, maintaining Associate information, timekeeping and scheduling systems, reporting total store payroll, and other functions as directed by the store management team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Contributes to customer oriented atmosphere within store by smiling and saying hi to all customers and Associates encountered. Encourages others to smile and say hi.
- Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests.
- Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors. (i.e. team lifts of heavy packages, supporting fellow teammates needs/requests as appropriate.)
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Reads and distributes store’s communication including K-Net, email and mail toes; monitors store workload calendar and responsibilities.
- Enters and maintains all applicable data in the store scheduling system; reviews and edits store schedules in accordance with management directives.
- Processes store payroll utilizing ASSETS functions, including monitoring overtime, making all timecard edits, and entering information into projection screen.
- Organizes new hire paperwork; completes and submits employment status, job and personal information into projection screen.
- Assembles and maintains files for all Associates’ touchbases and Kohl’s Super Star Award; maintains store roster board.
- Regularly updates and maintains Associate attendance records, vacation requests, personal days and overtime.
- Orders supplies following store budget guidelines;works with store management to monitor store expenses.
- Organizes and distributes price changes, ISCs callbacks and RTVs daily. Checks all price changes for timely completion and accuracy. Verifies, processes and files.
- Oversees direct store receiving paperwork and merchandise transfers; processes rainchecks in accordance with Company procedures. Checks all paperwork for accuracy.
- Reviews ASSETS generated schedules; compares scheduled hours to labor hours, identifies gaps, and communicates them to the Store Management team to rectify.
- Oversees K-Planner calendar and responsibilities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples include, but are not limited to
- Answering the store phone
- Assisting customers at POS and Service Desk
- Assisting in the Cash Office
- Assisting with tasks in selling floor departments
- Resolving RF and other equipment issues
- Participating in store meetings
- Assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory
- Distributing annual performance appraisals to managers and monitoring review process for timely completion
- Training a backup Store Administrative Assistant
- Prior Administrative experience in a general office, in expense control or in human resource administration.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis. Physical activities may include holding a scanning gun; keying and processing register transactions; lifting and bagging merchandise; bending, stooping and reaching on a frequent basis.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and computer basics.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effe