Part-Time Beauty Advisor Job in Corona
Published on: August 10, 2017
Part-Time Beauty Advisor Job in Corona, California
Part-Time Beauty Advisor
Responsible for creating an environment of good customer service through actions. This includes ensuring customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently, ensuring the Company’s “2-in-a-line” standard, reinforcing Customer Service Desk standards and resolving customer problems by following policies and procedures in conjunction with following the “Yes We Can” policy. Balances and processes refunds and media from sales and return registers. Processes cash deposits and currency orders; completes and submits daily reports to Store Management and Cash and Sales Audit department.
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Contributes to customer oriented atmosphere within store by smiling and saying hi to all customers and Associates encountered. Encourages others to smile and say hi.
- Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors.
- Uses the 5 step “GREAT” program while interacting with customers: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer.
- Answers incoming phone calls, transfers phone calls and uses paging system in a professional manner.
- Solicits and processes quick Kohl’s Charge applications.
- Solicits e-mail addresses from customers.
- Processes credit payments and resolves customers’ credit problems. Handles payments on NSF checks in a professional manner.
- Provides proper information and instruction to customers interested in the gift registry. Promotes the registry to prospective clients and handles their inquiries in a professional manner and in accordance to Company policy. Handles gift registry problems in a quick and efficient manner.
- Adheres to “2-in-a-line” standard and calls for backup when needed.
- Ensures that all cash handling procedures are done in accordance to policy and procedure as well as in a timely manner. Opens, closes and balances register and records information on a balance sheet.
- Regularly identifies and informs Customer Service Supervisor and Loss Prevention Supervisor of register variances and errors. Investigates variances and errors to help in their correction.
- Prepares funds and media for cash registers at opening and closing. Provides change for registers and collects cash and media pick-ups. Performs register reads and resets.
- Processes daily reports generated by the COSA system. Separates and submits reports, balance sheets, and media to the Cash and Sales Audit department.
- Maintains the Cash Office equipment in good operating condition. Informs Customer Service Area Supervisor of any operating problems. Maintains a neat, clean and organized Cash Office.
- Ensures prompt removal of merchandise returns and holds. Makes sure all merchandise is folded, hung, tagged and priced appropriately before returning to the sales floor.
- Processes damages and the appropriate paperwork correctly. Tags vendor return items. Call for department to pick up returns.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized customer service area.
- Maintains consistent communication and follow through with E3s on any signing or “Yes We Can” opportunities.
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to, assisting with cash pick-ups at the Point-of-Sale, greeting customers at assigned stations, assisting customers at Point-of-Sale, assisting with recovery in departments, and assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory.
- Prior experience in customer service or in cash balancing and processing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ten key calculator skills, Windows based systems comfort level.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.