Part-Time Freight Associate (Early Morning) Job in Brentwood
Published on: February 24, 2018
Part-Time Freight Associate (Early Morning) Job in Brentwood, California
Part-Time Freight Associate (Early Morning)
Responsible for unloading, processing and stocking all incoming freight to the sales floor and stockroom areas. Processes and prepares receipts of fixtures and supplies. Replenishes merchandise to the sales floor from the stockroom. Assists in processing incoming/outgoing transfers and returns to vendor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Greets all customers and Associates encountered with a smile and encourages others to smile and say hi. Assists customers in a friendly, courteous manner. Promptly carries customer’s purchases to customer’s vehicles when requested.
- Adheres to “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors.
- Promptly responds to call box, phone calls and pages for areas of responsibility.
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Utilizes and adheres to Company best practices when unloading merchandise, fixtures and supplies from trucks and when stocking or moving these items to designated appropriate selling floor or stockroom areas.
- Preps merchandise for the merchandising process by ensuring merchandise is sorted and staged appropriately. Removes merchandise from cartons and packaging, places merchandise on proper hanger, verifies price ticket information and tickets merchandise as required. Applies appropriate EAS tags to merchandise according to Loss Prevention guidelines.
- Prioritizes hanging/processing of ad merchandise and new receipts.
- Follows Company merchandise presentation directives and standards while merchandising incoming truck freight and replenishing the sales floor.
- Maintains all Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines, including recovering the dock at the end of each shift.
- Properly loads merchandise, fixtures and/or supplies onto trucks for transfer or return.
- Checks in and processes direct shipments of merchandise, fixtures and supplies for the selling floor or stockroom areas.
- Assists selling department Associates and Store Management in moving merchandise and fixtures on the selling floor or between the selling floor and stockroom areas. Assists with assembling fixtures and furniture when needed.
- Checks for seal discrepancies and misdirected shipments and reports discrepancies to Supervisor.
- Assists with price changes, USA counts and uses RF equipment (radio frequency) as needed.
- Collects trash, sorts hangers, compacts cardboard and performs other stock and fixture maintenance tasks as required.
- Ensures the sales floor is customer ready (free of flatbeds, hanger racks and other dock equipment). Repositions floor fixtures to the correct positions by the end of each shift.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations as outlined in the Safety Manual.
- Utilizes replenishment reports when replenishing the sales floor to ensure Company in-stock goals are maintained.
- Adheres to replenishment best practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: assisting on the sales floor, completing price changes, assisting with housekeeping duties, preparing for and taking inventory, organizing the stockroom and other tasks as assigned.
- Prior experience in merchandise receiving, handling and stocking in other retail or warehouse/distribution environments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time moving about the receiving area, stock areas, and sales floor. Physical activities include using hand tools, bending, stooping, climbing, and reaching.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.