Part Time Retail- Merchandising Representative Job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
INNOVATION * LEADERSHIP * FUN * EXCELLENCE
These principles are the cornerstone of our dynamic growth and success. Founded in 1953, WASHINGTON INVENTORY SERVICE specializes in providing specialty services and solutions to the nation’s largest retailers.
Retail Services Merchandiser – Part-Time The Retail Services Merchandiser is responsible for representing WIS International, our clients, and our customers by effectively performing project work including, but not limited to, the proper implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, assembling and placement of marketing materials, conducting inventories, building displays, and completing surveys and audits. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well in independent situations. They must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners. Responsibilities: * Read and follow a plan-o-gram to effectively complete project work. Have a working knowledge of merchandising and retail terminology. * Perform duties such as maintaining store shelf standards and inventory, displaying merchandise properly, placing shelf strips and attaching tags properly, checking plan-o-gram integrity, and processing restocks as necessary. * Assist in gathering and moving materials, supplies, fixtures and equipment necessary for the assigned project work. * Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship. * Report and discuss observations and issues with supervisor/manager. * Effectively and accurately work with web based applications to indicate work availability, check schedule for work assignments, accept work assignments, receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work expenses, record work time and attendance, and complete training activities. * Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned project work. * Perform job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings. Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use when necessary. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries. * Perform other duties as assigned. * Understand and follow all WIS International policies and standard operating procedures.
* a level of service to customer concerns, Communication Skills-Ability to communicate effectively
* Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and handheld devices)
* Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product, shelving, or displays of up to 30 pounds
* Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate effectively with others
* Must have access to the internet on a daily basis. Must be able to work effectively in web based applications, email applications, and word processing applications.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and can drive in a car for extended periods of time.