Part-Time Retail Sales Associate Job in Northborough, Massachusetts
Retail Sales Associate
Responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed. The Sales Associate assists in
the execution of merchandizing and operational functions to Company Standards within sales floor areas
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
-“Smiles and Says Hi!” Greets all customers and Associates encountered with a smile and encourages others to smile and say hi. Assists customers in a friendly, courteous manner.
-Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors. Promptly responds to call box/phone pages.
– Consistently uses the 5 step GREAT program while interacting with customers: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer.
-Solicits, opens and activates Kohl’s Charge applications in accordance with Company standards.
– Solicits e-mail addresses from customers.
– Responds appropriately to POS backup calls and Service Desk calls. Assists at POS and Customer Service as needed and complies with the Company’s “2 in-a-line” standard.
– Properly holds merchandise for customers when needed, including returning merchandise not picked up to the sales floor. Processes rain checks within Company standards.
– Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: strike points, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
– Assists in utilizing monthly updates, communication books, etc. in accordance with Company merchandise presentation standards.
– Assists with department fitting room recovery and sales floor returns in accordance with merchandising standards.
– Shows initiative to work independently to meet presentation and recovery expectations.
– Maintains fitting rooms, sales floor, and work areas according to Company best practices.
– Follows Company merchandise presentation directives and standards while merchandising incoming truck freight and replenishing the sales floor.
– Identifies and communicates merchandising and sales floor operational opportunities to Supervisor, Area Supervisor or E3.
-Arranges merchandise on fixtures and maintains non-promotional signs on the sales floor according to Company standards. Resolves ad issues as needed by changing signs to reflect current sale price.
– Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines by following best practices.
– Completes price changes, ISC memos, callbacks, transfers, and other paperwork as directed by Store Management.
– Follows Company best practices and participates in Company programs (i.e. rewraps, mis-mates, damages, defectives, even exchanges and store shortage action plans), including assisting with replenishment.
– Assists the Replenishment team by utilizing all replenishment reports daily and ensures Company in-stock goals are maintained.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
– Performs/assists in other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: price changes, fitting room recovery, sales floor and fitting room recovery outside of immediate department area, housekeeping duties, preparation and taking of inventory, and stock room organization.
– Prior experience in sales, customer service or other work environment working with the public.
– Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
– Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
– Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
– Regular attendance is required.
– Effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
– Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
– Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
– Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.
The Retail Sales Associate position is an entry level role within one of the following departments:
Misses, Juniors, & Mens
Home & Kids