Part-Time Shoes Sales Specialist Job in Saint Marys
Published on: January 21, 2018
Part-Time Shoes Sales Specialist Job in Saint Marys, Ohio
Part-Time Shoes Sales Specialist
Responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed. Executes department merchandising and operational functions to Company Standards. Serves as the department expert in regards to department specific merchandise, services and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Contributes to customer oriented atmosphere within store by smiling and saying hi to all customers and Associates encountered. Encourages others to smile and say hi.
- Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors. (i.e. team lifts of heavy packages, supporting fellow teammates needs/requests as appropriate.)
- Consistently uses the 5 step GREAT program while interacting with customers: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer.
- Effectively responds to questions and requests from customers. Promptly responds to call box/phone pages. Sets the standard for customer service expectations within the department by complying with all of the Kohl’s Service Standards.
- Responds appropriately to POS backup calls and Service Desk calls. Assists at POS and Customer Service as needed and complies with the Company’s “2 in-a-line” standard.
- Properly holds merchandise for customers when needed, including returning merchandise not picked up to the sales floor. Processes rainchecks within Company standards.
- Solicits, opens and activates Kohl’s Charge applications in accordance with Company standards and motivates others to do the same.
- Solicits customer service survey participation and Kohl’s e-mail participation.
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Assists the replenishment team in accordance with Company Merchandise Presentation Standards, when utilizing all daily replenishment reports and ensuring Company in-stock goals are maintained.
- Assists with department and fitting rooms recovery in accordance with merchandising standards. Completes sales floor returns. Maintains fitting rooms, sales floor, and work area.
- Executes all merchandise presentation directives and standards. Assists in ensuring these standards are met while merchandising incoming truck freight and replenishing the sales floor.
- Identifies and communicates merchandising and sales floor operational opportunities to Supervisor, Area Supervisor, or E3.
- Assists with price changes, ISC memos, callbacks, transfers, and other paperwork as directed by Supervisor.
- Arranges merchandise on fixtures and maintains non-promotional signs on the sales floor according to Company standards. Resolves ad issues as needed by changing signs to reflect current sale price.
- Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines.
- Follows Company Best Practices and participates in Company programs (ie: rewraps, mis-mates, damages, defectives, even exchanges and store shortage action plans).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs/assists in other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: price changes, sales floor and fitting room recovery outside of immediate department area, housekeeping duties, auditing selling floor and stock areas for safety hazards, preparation and taking of inventory, and stock room organization.
- Responsible for effectively using Company tools (i.e. Storenet, K-Planner, Communication Books) to plan, communicate and share information with associate store teams.
- Prior experience in sales, customer service or other work environment working with the public.
- Prior supervisory experience in one of the above environments is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Critical features of this job are described within this job description. Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.