The Relationship Banker is responsible for processing customer transactions for a variety of products and services, and upholding TCF’s brand promise by providing accurate, fast and friendly customer service. Establish and solidify customer relationships by understanding their evolving needs and providing solutions for the right products and services. Uphold TCF’s customer service expectations of being helpful, knowledgeable, and respectful while interacting with customers and coworkers. Offer appropriate financial solutions to help customers save, transact, and borrow. Resolve customer concerns through quality service and product knowledge.
- Build long-standing relationships with TCF customers by providing excellent customer service and maintaining thorough knowledge of all products TCF offers. Build customer trust and loyalty by proficiently answering customer’s questions; explaining policies thoroughly, and fulfilling customer needs.
- Serve as a TCF brand ambassador and TCF product and service expert. Promote a positive image of TCF with each customer every time.
- Efficiently gather customer information, identify financial needs, and educate the customer on TCF’s products and services. Make appropriate recommendations to the customer to meet their financial priorities. Promote TCF products, services, and programs. Meet individually assigned sales goals with a high level of quality in terms of relationships and new accounts.
- Consult with customers on specific account needs; convey rates, service charges and restrictions, and offer available programs to improve the customer experience.
- Process transactions and engage in sales while communicating professionally, clearly and confidently. Perform services including wire transfers, customer information changes, death claims, accurate processing of IRA distributions/contributions, loan payment processing, and Regulation E and fraud claim resolution, adhering to TCF and Federal regulations. Investigate and resolve special account inquiries such as legal transactions requiring coordination with TCF counsel, outside attorneys, and customers.
- Consistently seek out prospective customers through referrals, affinity partners, community involvement, telemarketing, and direct mail programs.
- Balance terminal daily according to established procedures, locate and/or correct errors or missing information. Maintain accurate balancing/loss record that meets TCF guidelines.
- Maintain all audit requirements. Interpret and accurately process customer requests and transactions according to TCF guidelines. Maintain established controls such as check holds, identification procedures, and all other pertinent verification necessary to transact business.
- High school degree or GED, or working towards completion.
- Six months proven service results in a customer centric, results-driven environment. Ability to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service skills.
- Effective communication (verbal and non-verbal), interpersonal skills, and active listening skills. Ability to engage with customers; begin a conversation, build rapport, and handle objections. Comfortable asking customers about their personal finances.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally while servicing customers.
- Highly developed skills and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to perform necessary calculations; proficient in basic computer skills.
- As a new hire will be required to attend and successfully pass all testing for TCF’s Relationship Banking training program.
- Previous customer contact/sales experience.
- Six months or more of cash handling experience.
Established in 1923, TCF is one of the top performing banks in the nation – and throughout its history has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 350 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing and equipment finance business in all 50 states, commercial inventory finance business in the U.S. and Canada, and indirect auto finance business in over 30 states.
TCF’s Got Talent
There are many great reasons to grow your career at TCF
TCF’s Got Rewards
We value and reward team members who strive to put The Customer First on a daily basis
TCF’s Got Opportunity
We facilitate opportunities for career advancement and promote from within whenever possible
TCF’s Got Education
We have an excellent team member training program and opportunities for education reimbursement
TCF’s Got Community
- The TCF Foundation provides our team members with great opportunities to be involved in the community.
- TCF is proud to offer a community financial literacy program.
- We encourage and reward our team members to refer friends and family to work at TCF
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.